Saturday, June 5, 2010

A summary of the last 7 months and what's to come...

Hi all! I know it's been a long time since I last wrote... and I really wasn't planning on writing here again, but so much has happened that I just had to share. :)

It has been nearly 7 months since I arrived home from South Africa, and it has certainly been a journey. Reverse culture shock was rough, but I have slowly come to love the United States as my home again. I have now finished my junior year at DU and will be graduating exactly a year from today. When I think about how fast the last 7 months have gone, I can hardly believe that I will be finishing college in a year. That's just how life goes, I guess... and it certainly is an adventure.

I mentioned before that the ministry that my church in South Africa is a part of would be planting a church in Denver this year. Well, it's planted, and I've been a part of it since I arrived in Denver in December. I can hardly believe that the Lord called me to South Africa to change me and mold me, and then send me back to the United States to be a part of a whole new adventure. It really has been an adventure too. Being a part of the new church - Redemption City Church - has been absolutely incredible, and it continues to be each day. I have been accepted into a family - an amazing community, and have grown so much closer to others and to God through the experience. I will be going to the nationwide leader training called Equip in Atlanta in just a couple weeks and I am so excited. And to think - I wouldn't be a part of any of this if it wasn't for my time in South Africa. How awesome is God?!

Other awesome news - I'm heading back to PMB straight from Equip for 3 weeks. While I'm there I'm going to go on a mission trip to Zimbabwe with my cell group from South Africa, and I am SO excited. I had so many desires upon arriving back in the states - I knew that I needed a job, I could really use an internship in this job market, and I desperately wanted to go back to South Africa. Though going back to South Africa this summer really was the desire of my heart, I had no idea that it really would happen because of all of the other things that I felt I needed to do. God is so faithful though - he heard each cry of my heart and provided abundantly. I got an internship as an investigator at the Colorado Public Defender's Office during the school year (so I didn't need to stick around during the summer), a fantastic job in the DU Office of Admission for the 2010-2011 school year, and I am really going back to South Africa. The Lord has provided beyond my wildest dreams and I am so in awe of Him. He is powerful, mighty, loving, personal, and peace-giving. What a gift it is to serve Him!

So, in 3 weeks I will be back in PMB heading to Zimbabwe for a week or two, and then back to PMB. Amazing, isn't it?! My life has turned in a direction that I never imagined, and it makes me so excited for what is next to come. If I couldn't even imagine this - what more is there? I am just walking in faith and trust in Him because He is so, so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment