Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Struggling...

So, I'm sitting in the law library and have been for about an hour now. The amount of studying I've done: about 5 minutes. Why do I struggle so much here to get work done? 

There is so much going through my mind as well. I'm anxious to go home. It will be so good to see family and friends, but I feel so at home here now. I know that reverse culture shock will be strong. When I first got here I desired the support system of home and DU, and now I realize what an incredible support system I have fallen into right here. I have incredible friends who love me and support me, both emotionally and spiritually... and that's happened in just 3 short months! What would happen if I had more time? I can't think like that, because I don't, but I'm hopeful that I will be able to come back here. I want to so badly. 

One big piece of news: I got in a car accident two days ago. I was going to grab some coffee with a friend when we went around a corner, skidded out, swerved all over the street, and then hit a guardrail and flipped over. We were dangling from our seatbelts. Amazingly, we're both totally fine without so much as a scratch on our bodies. My back is a bit sore now (I have a feeling I got quite rattled) but other than that there isn't a single injury. I am so thankful that we're okay, because my biggest fear is that something would happen to me here without my family around. But, thankfully, my biggest fear didn't happen! God is good. :)

Ok, really, I do need to hit the books. Wish me luck... this exam is the day after tomorrow and I'm not even CLOSE to being ready. Oh man...

No comments:

Post a Comment